Talis Aspire Reading Lists

Welcome to Talis Aspire Ideas Forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make sections background more colourful (perhaps the same blue as in the classic edit or something to make them stand out more. )

Since the new list edit it seems harder to spot the sections because the background colour used is not so prominent and it doesn't make it easy to spot sections or to spot where a section ends especially when dragging items to the bottom of a long section. It would be great if the background colour was a little more obvious either more saturated (obviously taking into account accessibility) or a perhaps a different colour to the rest of the list. Thank you.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  List Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Review list titles to be arranged in the same order as on the list including the list sections if there

It would be great if, when reviewing list titles for each Talis list, we could see the review list titles in the same order as they appear on the list including the list sections if there.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy sections

We would like the ability to copy sections from one reading list to another.

Davis Renfree said there have been similar requests in the past, however, they date from a while back when everyone was using Classic Edit, so it would be useful to raise a new idea. This would also help Talis gauge support for the idea as they continue to develop New List Edit further.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  List Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleting multiple readings

When editing reading lists, it would be good to have checkboxes to mark to do bulk editing on a list. Similar to the "Actions" menu on the Lists report.

This would be handy to be able to delete multiple readings and save 3 mouse clicks for each deleted reading. Gets a bit tedious when there are a few and when the list hasn't been sectioned,

Would be also useful for changing the importance of multiple readings, bulk "add to my bookmarks", etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pin "Unpublished changes!" message to top of New Edit screen

The fact that the Action Bar (Table of Contents, View, Citation Style, etc) stays pinned to the top of the screen in New List Edit when a user scrolls down a long list is very helpful.

However, the big yellow "Unpublished changes!" message, which is also really useful, doesn't stay pinned and so disappears as soon as a list editor scrolls down from the top of the list. Given that academics may be making changes anywhere in a list, and that our academic staff are still very prone to forget to Publish, it would be really helpful if the "Unpublished…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dashboard view in TARL

Can we have a dashboard in TARL similar to the one in TACC, to monitor reviews, or to see at a glance how many reviews are in progress?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simplify steps to add the Bookmark Button.

When you click on the link to "Install Bookmark Button" it comes up with a pop-up that describes what it is. For some reason this confuses people. I would recommend that the pop-up goes directly to the second screen.

In the second screen, some people just click on the "Add to My Bookmarks" button, which then takes them to the manual add a bookmark page (see attached file). It would be good if that wasn't possible and the text read "Drag me to your bookmarks bar."

Also, I would omit the "Close" button beside "Next. "

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include time periods filter in the Reviews screen

For the purposes of prioritising reviews it would be very useful to have the ability to view and filter on list time periods in the Reviews screen alongside Stage, Status, Assigned, etc.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Warning re. live digitisations when deleting a list

Would it be possible to warn a user that there are live digitisations attached to a reading list they are about to delete?
    We have had a few instances where people have created a copy list and deleted the original (accidentally or purposefully), without realising that there are live digitisations on the list.
    It looks from the TACC side that everything is fine (the module code, title, year etc are correct and the digitisations are live) but its only when we receive a complaint about lack of access that we uncover what has happened.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chapter bookmarks display book author (if no other author)

When we bookmark a chapter that doesn't have separate author(s), could the book author(s) or editor(s) be displayed in in the 'main' view of the reading list? I think this would help students to find readings, and with alphabetising reading lists.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bookmarking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alert for library notes

It would be useful if there was a way we could be notified whenever a new library note is added to one of the reading lists since there could be notes on there asking for a certain number of copies to be bought or for a title to be purchased in a different format which we do not know about especially when academics do not request reading list reviews. I have stumbled across a few lists with library notes asking similar questions and no-one in our team is aware of them.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Report broken link - More visibility for user to submit their details

"Report Broken link", we had a student mention they've reported a few and never heard back. During the meeting I went in myself to show them and completely missed it myself. Looking back now I can see the 'Request a response and add more details' in black text above the buttons. It's quite camoflagued there as the eyes focus on the buttons.

We're wondering if Talis would consider:
    (A) Adding a third button - cancel, report anonomously, report with your email address (wording not too worried about)
    OR
    (B) Making the report button capture email details by default.

I think…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help & Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Retrieval of deleted lists

We would like a function to retrieve deleted lists. We know that on some platforms you are able to go back 30 days or something similar to restore items and we would like a similar feature added as we recently found that an incredibly long list with 200+ items were deleted and had taken the lecturer a while to compile it. We believe that even though this is a rarity there should be some sort of fail-safe in place to accommodate the accidental deletion of a reading list.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mark/Tag an item as OER

It would be beneficial to identify all Open Education Resources (OER) items on a Reading List for reporting purposes. This could also be a great selling point for TALIS, as there would be minimal cost for students to utilise those lists with all or majority OER items. If there was some way to tag these items, instead of searching against URL's/ISBN's/Titles in the All list item report, this would be a great time saver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. search

In the New List Edit View / Published view you cannot use the browsers built in find function to search through an entire reading list.

You can only search for items that are in close proximity to where you are on the page.

In the attached video I am pressing ENTER as I move down the list searching for the item. It only finds and highlights the item when I am close by.

I use the browsers find feature as part of my workflow to jump around the reading list while I am editing. This way I can quickly find…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  List Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Setting a default reading list style for students

It would be useful if list publishers could set their own default reading list style and it "sticks" for students. At present list publishers can set a view to a particular style, however that view only lasts during the time they are looking at the list. Any other action on the reading list and the style reverts back to the tenancy default. With users such as the Law Faculty they could set a default citation style and this will be consistently viewed by students rather than having to be manually applied by individuals. We use several citation styles depending on…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make the publish button persistent

When editing long lists it's would be helpful to have the publish button always visible on the persistent toolbar so you don't have to scroll back to the top of the list. It would also help people to remember to publish if they can see the button at all times while editing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  List Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow list creators to indicate which library branch they want their items to be placed on reserve from a dropdown menu.

For multi-library systems, it would be useful if a list creator could indicate which library branch they want their print items on reserve. If they could be forced to select from a dropdown menu when creating their list (so part of the basic info of the list, such as title, hierarchy, and student numbers), this would be useful to staff carrying out the review and having to place physical items on reserve.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Reviews within the Talis list interface visible to users

By making everything editable from the user interface but with extra options for reviews, you would address the problem with to-ing and fro-ing between the two interfaces and having to check links that don't work in reviews but do work from the user interface, because the link resolver doesn't work and we would also see the list in the order in which it appears so editing it would be much easier and straightforward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Not having the chapter title overwritten when performing a LCN/ISBN lookup

Currently, when updating a chapter bookmark by performing a LCN or ISBN lookup, the chapter title is lost and the book title appears in the chapter title field.

Surely somebody has raised this issue before?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bookmarking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base