How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Recent Changes Dynamic Link

At the moment clicking on the "Recent Changes" link to see the changes that a tutor has made to a list leads to a static link with a "Description" (e.g. "3 items added"). Could this link be made dynamic so that we can see which items have been added, etc?

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Hignell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminchrisc (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lucy, I think I know what's going on here. Unfortunately the only publish events that will have "More details" are those that have occurred after the release of this feature. It is likely that the list you are checking on only has one of these since the feature was released.

All publish events from now onwards will have "More details" but unfortunately we cannot go back and add the detail in for those that occurred before the feature existed.

• Lucy Clifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great improvement but (as far as I can tell) you can only view the *most recent* published change to a list. As some people may make a series of changes and publish the list after each change, can we see details of the history of recent changes not just the most recent one?

• Laura Smithson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comments. We really want to be able to track recent changes in detail - particularly exactly which new items have been added to where in the list. We can't realistically expect academics to submit for review every time they tweak something. And if they don't, we quickly end up with books the library doesn't hold and links to e-resources that don't work.

• Annette Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really useful to see item information from 'Recent Changes' view for both students and library staff. I'd like to see an overlay showing the item metadata or a click through to the item on the list.

Currently recent changes tracks new sections added - not sure whether this is necessary. Is there any benefit in knowing about formatting changes? However, adding a study note shows as 'No items or sections added/removed'. It would be useful to a user to know that a new study note had been added and be able to click through to the item on the list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base