How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Need to get better usage data about items in the LMS catalogue which are also on reading lists

I am frequently asked for data about how often items on a reading list are borrowed or reserved, whether they are in Short Loan collection, how many multiple copies etc. This needs better links to the LMS database than we seem to have at the moment.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Manchester University shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Keji Adedeji responded  · 

We were looking at a feature for acquisitions around item intelligence which tied together with LMS analytics (loans etc.) with the availability and copies info we already have to give you an idea on how an item on the reading list is actually used and when.

However, we were unable to get any interest from LMS vendors and we are no longer in this space as a company.

This usage information would need to be provided by the LMS and we recommend discussing this with your LMS vendor. What we can do is generate some reporting with the information available in Aspire which could be used by the LMS.

Please submit a reporting idea or contact us to discuss what the reporting requirements may be.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • chrisc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

The item screens already show live availability lookup from your local catalog for specific items, showing which collection the item is in and how many copies. Are you suggesting adding loan history data to this (there is already an idea for that on here) or is there additional functionality you are requesting?

Let me know as if it is the usage data then I will merge the two ideas which will boost the overall user votes (and likelihood of being implemented).

Thanks,

Chris

Feedback and Knowledge Base