How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

My Lists - default sort by Title

A small but helpful tweak - could the My Lists list default to an A-Z Title sort.

19 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Cross shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lydia Fairfield-Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wrote a 'wishlist' for Ian and this was on it - along with the 'Create and Add' comment that Ian McGregor added below. So I am voting for it too.

• Ian McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to Ian Corns' comment, it would be good if the default in 'Create and Add to My Lists' would list the available lists in alphabetical order. Sometimes staff have created thirty or forty lists and it is frustrating for them to have to scroll down to find the correct list.
        If it couldn't be easily arranged in alphabetical order, perhaps it could default to the currently open list (I realise that you can create a bookmark without having any lists open).

• Ian McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to Ian Corns' comment, it would be good if the default in 'Create and Add to My Lists' would list the available lists in alphabetical order. Sometimes staff have created thirty or forty lists and it is frustrating for them to have to scroll down to find the correct list.
        If it couldn't be easily arranged in alphabetical order, perhaps it could default to the currently open list (I realise that you can create a bookmark without having any lists open).

• troberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do hope this is not long in planning as would be really useful for administrators. Difficult to understand why an ad hoc list would be set up in the first place!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea. The situation it is mainly intended to address is when someone from the library is adding a list to a module code and they have a large number of lists already in MyLists. It might be useful to academics but it is chiefly to make node editing easier for library staff.

• chrisc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Martin,

Did you realise that by clicking on the title header in the table, you can already do an A->Z sort of the list title?

Thanks,

Chris

• Martin Foy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An A-Z sorting of MyLists would be extremely helpful to administrators working with multiple lists

• Martin Foy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An A-Z sorting of MyLists would be extremely helpful to administrators working with multiple lists

• Olivia Walsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful, or possibly the option to search 'My Lists', as with the 'Find' box on the 'My Bookmarks' page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base