How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Suggested improvements to My Notes & Reading Intentions

The summary list of "my notes" and "my reading intentions" displayed on one's username profile page do not expire or archive. Further they seem disorganised and are without a date stamp to indicate when a note was left. Instead the lists grow to contain notes and data from every old list. The lists would get very long and disorganised due to intentions and notes left from past reading lists, leading the profile summary page to become of little use to students.

For the My Notes and Reading Intentions sections, I recommend:
1) sorting (e.g. by date);
2) display the date stamp (especially for My Notes); and
3) archiving or only display "X items" per page.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Philip Testa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
backlog  ·  Keji Adedeji responded  · 

Improving this for students is something we would like to do, but is likely to need a theme in this area.

This is not currently in our near term development focus so it has been moved to the longer term backlog.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon Machell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A student here at the LSE suggested that it would be beneficial if they were able to reset the 'reading' status of items on their reading list so that they could better organise their readings. I think this would be a useful development.

• Testing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, it needs a way to remove items and tidy it from the profile page. I set reading intentions on various resources (including some fake resources and lists) during a quick demo that have since been deleted. However, when I click on my profile they still show up, and there's no way to change the intention (e.g. when the resource has been read) or simply to remove the items. I'm not using the system in earnest yet and my profile is already messed up!

Feedback and Knowledge Base