How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Option to apply a Citation Style to a resource list

In the early days of discussion around the development of Talis Aspire- we talked about displaying resources in a list using a choice of Citation Styles.

Although there is further metadata in the Availability- Buying Options and Notes view of an item- I think it would improve the look of the list and be useful to all users (students- academics or library staff) to see the full reference as a citation.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Corns (Talis) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel Owen-McGee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder if this might be worth resurrecting as it would certainly excite potential library Aspire champions here. Even if Aspire offered just a few of the most popular citation standards & further, we achieved only a certain level of citation standard conformancy, at least this would be an offering that users might really appreciate.

• AdminIan Corns (Talis) (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMPORTED COMMENT HISTORY
    05/06/2009 01:46:37 [Ian Corns (Talis)]
    This is an exceedingly complex area, we learnt, due to the amount of styles and the differences between styles between institutions, within institutions and even between individual academics.
    Our current thinking around this is to make it easy to export an item (or items) in a compatible format - such as RIS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIS_(file_format)- for the users preferred citation tool. They can use this to create the citation/s they need.

12/06/2009 06:37:14 [Fiona Greig]
    I completely agree with Ian on this - lets not over-complicate Aspire; lets focus on what other things can't do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base