How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Make it easier for students to find items they have made personal notes on

As suggested- a comment made on another idea. It would be good if in the personalised areas there was a filter to lists/items with personal notes 'attached'.

This would fit into the student revision workflow. At high stress and time poor periods students will want a quick way to get back to resources they found helpful.

I think a feature like this would encourage them to put notes on in the first place. At the moment there is not a great incentive to use the notes area.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Corns (Talis) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adminchrisc (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have implemented the ability for students to add items to their bookmarks that they have already made comments on, but think further changes required in this area such as a "My Notes" page before this idea can be closed off.

• AdminIan Corns (Talis) (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMPORTED COMMENTS HISTORY
    29/07/2009 03:02:31 [Jayne Moss]
    I agree with this. It would definitely be an incentive to use the notes area.

06/08/2009 08:01:49 [Chris Clarke (Talis)]
    What about if students could add specific items on lists to their My Bookmarks area via a link on the item details page (no need to use the bookmarklet)?
    The My Bookmarks area for students could actually be an "items I care most about" area.
    In fact this could be useful for academics too - if they found a resource on another academic's list that they would like to use they could use the same mechanism to get it into My Bookmarks.

06/08/2009 08:11:10 [Fiona Greig]
    Now that I like!

06/08/2009 08:15:21 [Chris Clarke (Talis)]
    I've raised it... XIP-1353.

Feedback and Knowledge Base