How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Delete a list

To assist final data conversion it would be good to be able to delete an Aspire list in full. It would certainly help us now- but might also be useful in managing the tenancy longer-term as academics leave or courses are discontinued- being able to kill unwanted lists completly may be in order????

Another benefit is that it allows us to get rid of test lists that we are not 'proud' of. With Aspire exposed to search engines it kind of makes sense to allow 'play' and then taking back to base level to keep standards high????

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Corns (Talis) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  chrisc responded  · 

We have released “Archive List” to live, which is in effect the deletion of a list, as archived lists are not available from the hierarchy or search

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian Haydock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential - many users first reaction will be to create a nonsense test list. It is only afterwards that they will find they can't delete it
    Ian

• Adminchrisc (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Annette,

Once we move items in Aspire Ideas to planned, the idea is that we aim to complete them within 3 months. So on that basis, it is likely that we can complete this idea some time before July.

Thanks,

Chris

• Annette Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we are approaching the end of an academic year and, in Reading List terms, beginning to plan for 2010/11, the facility to either archive or delete a list (preferably both ) in My Lists is becoming more of a necessity. Status is already 'planned' - is it likely that this will be in place by June / July when the new academic year's lists would be created?

Annette

• AdminIan Corns (Talis) (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMPORTED COMMENTS HISTORY
    05/08/2009 01:07:51 [Jayne Moss]
    I would definitely agree with this. I know of several lists we migrated over from the old system that relate to courses no longer being run as well as those set up by lecturers who have since left.

06/08/2009 05:43:41 [Chris Clarke (Talis)]
    Hi I have raised XIP-1350 for this.

06/08/2009 05:58:53 [Ian Corns (Talis)]
    Status Changed from Active to Under Review.

14/09/2009 23:07:31 [Fiona Greig]
    From Feedback from a new academic ...
    Love the system - really simple once it's set up. I would like to be able to delete a list I have created though should it no longer be needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base