How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Improved reading intentions

The latest phase 4 release has altered the way a user's reading intentions are displayed. At present the can be set at the list level and reviewed on the user profile screen.

One problem with this arrangement is that a user needs to go back to the original reading list to change the reading intention or alter the note, even though they can link through to the original item.

I would like to see the ability to change the reading intentions either from the user profile screen or at the item level, in addition to existing list-level reading intention management.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Stephenson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
backlog  ·  Keji Adedeji responded  · 

improving the display of reading intentions is something we would like to address, but is currently not planned

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Colin Bovaird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a comment from one of our students on this issue: "It'd be great if one could also remove the reading status again, because I have got a few titles more than once on my list from different reading lists and I cannot remove them."

• Karl Cousins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that navigation within reading intentions needs improving. Also would be useful to reset or clear intentions either at item level or within the user's profile.

Feedback and Knowledge Base