How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Put a Google Analytics tag on the online resource button

We've been asked to demonstrate whether there is any link between eResource usage and the Reading List System.
While we can, with some work, demonstrate correlation, the general upward trend in eResource usage means we are ubable to definitively claim causation.
If the 'online resource' button had a google analytics tag, allowing us to view not only how many times students look at lists but also how many times students are clicking on online resources from the list, we would be better placed to demonstrate value for money to university leadership.

35 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Maria O'Hara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hazel Rothera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I had picked up from somewhere that in New List View, the Dashboard *is* going to count clicks through from "View Online" - have I got that wrong??

• R Bramley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here at Sussex we're very interested in making more effective use of the 'blue' button' (old list view) or 'View Online' link (new list view) and the potential reporting solutions and analytics data it could provide.

Feedback and Knowledge Base