How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Pop-up reminder... to request review/publish

It might help staff to have a reminder to request review/publish when they are making changes to their lists. We have a large number of lists where there are either unpublished changes or staff have forgotten to request review to start up the acquisitions process. A po-up could help draw their attention to further action needed, thank you.
Min Allen
University of Roehampton

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Min Allen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Annette Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be useful to be able to filter on the All Lists report to show published lists that have never been sent for review.

Annette

• AdminIan Corns (Talis) (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I was only just discussion with another customer, and I think there's two parts to it

1) Provide feedback to the academic that their list hasn't been reviewed for a period of time: At it simplest, this should be a warning given to them once a pre-defined period is exceeded that can be displayed on the list. A pop-up every time you enter a list would be annoying (well, I find them annoying) which is why I'd be more inclined to have it done within the list header as a warning message.

2) When a list is published (for those institutions which allow academics to publish), provide an additional reminder on the publish pop-up along the lines of 'If you would alos like to submit this list to the library to review for purchasing and data quality check...'. Within the publish exception box, then provide the option to submit 'Publish and submit to library', 'Publish only' and 'Cancel'

Final comment - I have had it regularly mentioned that we should enforce a review every time a list is published - which is something that I would be wary of, as in many case the academic could be making amendments that the library does not need to review the list for (adding a website, amending a note).

Feedback and Knowledge Base