How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Reports with more fields

Could we please have some fields within reports as standard. If reporting about items I would like a a baseline to see the ISBN/ISSN/LCN number for stock held in the Library and ISBN/ISSN for items not held. Also, any reports that show titles should also conatin the code so that it is easy to match.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy Ekins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Keji Adedeji responded  · 

I’m closing this as most of the suggestions have been addressed in the newer reports. The exceptions are: The acquisitions report was retired some time ago. We are currently unable to report on user activity (log-in information), whilst we are unable to ‘nest’ the hierarchy report at this point.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andy Ekins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I almost forgot....

The 'Item Report' under Acquisitions....I’ve never been able to run this either it just states:

“Error getting data from store (504)“

So it would also be nice to understand what is going wrong here !

• Andy Ekins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes of course, sorry I wrote this in a rush. I’ll run through it report by report:

All Hierarchy Nodes:
    Could this report please be nested so that there is an indication of ‘hierarchy’ that is missing with a linear list.

All Items:
    Here I would like to see (if applicable) the ISBN, SSN, LCN, and resource type. Potentially the URL of the item as well as this is lost when exporting to CSV.

All lists:
    This needs to contain the node that the list is attached to in order to be really useful. The person who created the list would also be useful.

All user profiles:
    Are logins/access recorded with Aspire? If so then it would be nice to see some activity data here, even if it was only: ‘last date/time of login.

Archived lists:
    Same response as ‘All lists’ above, except rather than person who created it would be nice to see person who archived.

Books not linked to library catalogue:
    *** I’ve never been able to run this report because it just states “Your report took too long to run, due to the large amount of data returned. Please contact support at support@talisaspire.com” ***

Empty lists
    Again the same as all lists, I’d like to see which node they were attached to.

Journals not linked to catalogue:
    The ISSN (if available) would be good here. Again the node would be nice for reporting purposes.

List length:
    *** I’ve never been able to run this report because it just states “Your report took too long to run, due to the large amount of data returned. Please contact support at support@talisaspire.com” ***

Modules with no lists:
    This report would be greatly enhanced if it was broken down by hierarchy. What I would prefer to see is a report of all modules (with as much details as possible) and a column indicating if the module has no list because at the moment I have to run both reports to get an indication of the percentage of modules with no lists compared to the modules with lists.

Orphaned lists:
    Again the node would be good to see here.

Units with no lists:
    This report is empty, and to be honest I’m unclear what a unit is :$

Thanks.

• AdminKeji Adedeji (Product Manager, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andy,

In order to understand the requirement and make it clearer for anyone who wishes to vote, I was wondering if you could provide a bit more information.

What you're trying to report on, what information are you trying to derive from the system?
    Are there any specific reports you're using?
    What are you going on to use the report(s) for, are you doing anything else with it once it has been generated?
    If so, what are the specific challenges associated with the information you are getting out of the system?

Feedback and Knowledge Base