How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

Default to preference when "create and add to list"

Create and add to list : always default to list currently being worked on, and section

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James Matthews shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you are logged into Aspire and using the bookmarklet tool to add items to a reading list, could the bookmarklet tool remember your current settings?

For example it could remember the most recently selected reading list and display it as the first choice in the "Add to list" drop down box the next time you bookmark an item.

• Ian McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not technically competent in writing programs but, If you have been logged in and are editing a list, is there an "audit trail" during your log-in to say that you are accessing a particular list? Could there be an aplet that runs back to your audit trail each time you want to create a new bookmark and then:
    checks that you are logged in to Aspire (YES/NO - if NO end check of audit trail)
    checks the last list that you accessed in this session
    offers this as your preferred list in which to create a new bookmark
    This might be "pie in the sky", I don't know.

• AdminIan Corns (Talis) (Admin, Talis) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering your workflow, how would you see Aspire determining which list/section you are working on?

Note: I've amended title slightly so its clearer to other users the topic of this idea

Feedback and Knowledge Base