Talis Aspire Reading Lists

Welcome to Talis Aspire Ideas Forum.

How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manual Entries

I can see manual entries being a problem with academics as there isn't a means of editing the details once you have added it to My Bookmarks. If you find you have made even one typo- once you have added to My Bookmarks or direct to a list- you would have to create a new manual entry from scratch in order to correct the error.

Would it be possible to build in a function to edit Manual entries in My Bookmarks?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Ian Corns (Talis) responded

If you click on “More details” on a manual entry, the option is now available to edit.

2. User hits dead end when browsing the hierarchy and discovers a course with no linked lists

If a user is browsing the hierarchy and there is no list linked to a course- when they click on the course title- the page is blank below the course title. Can there be a standard message displayed along the lines of - 'there are currently no lists linked to this course'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  chrisc responded

This has now been completed and released to live

3. Making setting the importance of an item for Acquisition more obvious

Marking the importance of items on a list is essential information in order for the Library to ensure additional copies and new titles are ordered when resourcing a course. I would like to see the 'importance' drop-down list and 'note to library field' having a higher visibility . I think this needs to be done at the point of adding an item to a list - - currently a tutor would need to go back into each item they have added to a list to mark the 'importance'. When you Create and Add an Item directly to a list- a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linking and 'new window' option

I'm aware that (a) web accessibility compliance restricts certain linking behaviours and that (b) Talis are looking at the options to iframe more linked content *within* Aspire- but I would still like to explore the idea of an additional optional 'Open in a new window' button for the key external outbounds links in Aspire. As an end user I would like to have the option to keep my List in view in one window while navigating my way through outcomes (such as a Library Catalogue- online vendor- e-Content provider) in another. I find the experience of 'losing' my List as…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

Please contact support if you wish to enable this behaviour on your tenancy

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base