Talis Aspire Reading Lists

Welcome to Talis Aspire Ideas Forum.

How can we improve Talis Aspire Reading Lists?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier for students to find items they have made personal notes on

As suggested- a comment made on another idea. It would be good if in the personalised areas there was a filter to lists/items with personal notes 'attached'.

This would fit into the student revision workflow. At high stress and time poor periods students will want a quick way to get back to resources they found helpful.

I think a feature like this would encourage them to put notes on in the first place. At the moment there is not a great incentive to use the notes area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Displaying items by week required

Ideas from student focus group:

One of the key comments from all participants was to be able to view their resource list readings by week required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Order of display results

What isn't clear to me is why the reading lists and the modules they belong to don't appear together in the list of results displayed following a search. For example, if we search for 'Early childhood', we get a page of links in which 'International Comparisons in Early Childhood Care/Education appears as a List, and then further down the page we see U70171 - International Comparisons in Early Childhood Care/Education appearing separately. I can see that if you go into either the list or the module, you get to the same thing eventually, but I would have thought they should…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

Search has been refactored and the different types of results grouped

4. My Bookmarks display in Edit List view

When recently creating a resource list for a Spanish course- several items bookmarked had the same title- but one was a book and the other an audio-visual item- but look identical in My Bookmarks on the right hand side of the Edit List view as only the information from the title field is visible. Can you show the material type in My Bookmarks in this view?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

The bookmarks displayed in List Edit mode now have the resource type displayed with them.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base