Talis Aspire Reading Lists

Welcome to Talis Aspire Ideas Forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make lists available only to those registered on the module

We have some lecturers who are concerned about some sensitive content on their reading lists. They state that they are happy to upload material to our VLE as this is restricted only to students registered on the module, who they have been able to give a "warning" about the sensitivity, but they are concerned about other members of the University being able to view the material out of context. We would therefore like it to be possible for reading lists to be restricted only those registered on a module.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve options to link in LTI (open in new tab)

In the LTI for Moodle we only have access to the two options - in line display or open on seperate page. Can we please have open in new tab as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing Lists & Items  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My Notes - To be able to identify which List the Item is from

When a student clicks on their profile and looks at 'My notes', the notes are displayed with a link to the item the note was placed on, however when clicking through to the item there is no indication as to what list or lists the item is on.

This almost defeats the purpose of a number of notes that a student may choose to place on an item if they are then unable to identify which list the item they placed that note on came from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

I agree that this could be confusing, especially if a student has used that feature in anger and made a lot of notes.

However, This is not currently in our near term development focus so it has been moved to the longer term backlog.

4. Additional supported sites for embedded video

Youtube and Vimeo are currently supported in Talis to embed videos within the full metadata view of a bookmark.
    We've recently subscribed to EduTV, which is an excellent database of videos and playlists, and would like to have the same embedding for this resource.
    We also have a large collection of streamed media hosted in-house (both off-air and commercial material as is permitted under copyright provisions), and would like these to be similarly embedded within Talis.
    This was originally submitted as a support ticket question but it's been suggested that I raise an idea instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

A simple integration in the vein of the YouTube & Vimeo integrations can be dealt with via support as a bookmarking recogniser request. A tighter integration to support authenticated content will require liaising with EduTv to understand the requirements and will need to be planned.

However, this is not currently in our near term development focus so it has been moved to the longer term backlog while we focus on items in the development focus.

Ideas may be graduated from the backlog as we get through the ones that are planned.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base