How can we improve Copyright Clearance in Talis Aspire?

Identifying close matches

We are coming across some items which we have already scanned by are not being recognised because the request information doesn't exactly match the biblio of the previous request(s).

This is causing us to rescan items or order CFPs where we don't need to, costing us time and money.

If the vault search could identify other requests from the same publication using ISBN or book title (view all requests for this book doesn't seem to be too reliable) and allow us to preview these scans we could then select the appropriate scan.

25 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tania Rowlett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have noticed that TADC doesn't recognise previous scanned items that have been withdrawn, so this potentially causes the library to rescan items again unnecessarily . We would definitely like this to be improved.

• Rob Melocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. ISBN and page number are unique identifiers that would be a good criteria for matching wheras chapter titles or book titles can be interpreted and entered in different ways.

Feedback and Knowledge Base