How can we improve Copyright Clearance in Talis Aspire?

Optional Request Digitisation button next to Books and Journals

We have a number of lecturers who instead of creating a chapter or article record on TARL, use the TADC Request Digitisation on a book or journal record and filter using the prompt boxes to identify the chapter or journal article they want. Unfortunately they type 'chap 1' or '1' instead of the chapter title and don't always include page numbers. My team have to find out and input the correct information on TARL and request again using the chapter/article record.
My question is: Could the Request Digitisation button on Book and Journal records be optional for each institution? We would never copyright clear a whole book or journal. It is confusing for lecturers who despite training, think that this is how to request because the Request Digitisation button is next to it. Is it possible to have it personalised for each institution's needs? For us we would prefer it greyed out or taken off book/article records. So that the only way lecturers at our institution can request a digitisation for a chapter or article is by inputting those records into TARL. I understand that each institution processes things differently, which is why I think it should be optional.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Donya Rowan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminLaura Unwin (Admin, Talis) responded  · 

With the changes we are making to the List Edit interface in reading lists it will become far easier for an academic to be clearer when they are requesting articles and chapters. We will also be reviewing bookmarking to see how it can become easier to bookmark chapters and articles. Therefore we are declining this idea.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base