Talis Aspire Digitised Content

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding a note for library staff use

There are a number of scenarios where we would like to make a note against a request to flag up some special circumstances which apply to that request.

For example:

1) Explaining we are copyright compliant where it might look like we're not e.g. where page numbers look excessive/two sections of book which make up less than 5%

2) Explaining a discrepancy with the catalogue e.g. looks like we have an electronically available copy/sub but is actually a catalogue error

3) Renewals note e.g. determined at renewal that although there's a newer edition it doesn't have relevant chapter so will…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Request details & Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Abiity to add a chapter author to metadata in a live TADC request

Sometimes I come across requests that are live on the system but lack a chapter/section author, despite this being different to the book editor. Perhaps I'm a perfectionist but for the sake of accuracy I'd like to be able to add the section author in without having to replace/copy the request. Could this be enabled please?

(You can edit existing section authors, but not add one where this was not in the original request - screenshot illustrates an example where I would like to add in an author's name)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Request details & Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change dates on 'Live' digitisations

Being able to change dates on 'live' digitisations would greatly improve our ability to manage requests and lessen the amount of re-submits we have to do. It would clear up our queues and expedite any requests made of our team, therefore improving our service significantly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Request details & Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base