Talis Aspire Digitised Content

How can we improve Copyright Clearance in Talis Aspire?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Function to edit details of a request once it's live, without having to withdraw it first.

We would really like to be able to add ISBNs and ISSNs and other necessary metadata to a live request without having to withdraw it first. If you withdraw it you lose it from the vault. When it comes to CLA reporting you have to have the ISBN/ISSN to submit the report, but lecturers aren't forced to use it when they submit requests. I know that it would then recheck and give it a new number, but at least it would still all be linked up to the correct reading list as hadn't been withdrawn. This would make CLA report…

50 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Request details & Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Adding a note for library staff use

There are a number of scenarios where we would like to make a note against a request to flag up some special circumstances which apply to that request.

For example:

1) Explaining we are copyright compliant where it might look like we're not e.g. where page numbers look excessive/two sections of book which make up less than 5%

2) Explaining a discrepancy with the catalogue e.g. looks like we have an electronically available copy/sub but is actually a catalogue error

3) Renewals note e.g. determined at renewal that although there's a newer edition it doesn't have relevant chapter so will…

43 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Request details & Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        planned  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

“All of the scenarios involving overriding the concierge or selecting an option allow the entry of notes.

The ability to enter more general notes is something we would like to explore but is is not currently in our near term development focus.

It has been placed into moved to the longer term backlog.

Ideas may be graduated from the backlog as we get through the ones that are planned. "

• Populate the page numbers for digitisation requests from the metadata of the reading list

At the moment the page numbers have to be entered when you request a digitsation AND when you upload content. I would like to see this data get pulled in from the reading list metadata and keep the option to add another page range or edit the page numbers.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Request details & Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          planned  ·  Keji Adedeji responded

The page range is pulled into the request if it is in the reading list metadata, although it is not visible in the request form. We plan to redesign the request form which will include exposure of the fields on the types where it is not currently displayed.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base